Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact City Hall?2023-06-22T18:36:42-04:00

You may contact City Hall at 770.961.4002 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.

How can I find a job with the city government?2023-06-22T18:37:38-04:00

Visit our Careers page for a current list of opportunities with the City of Morrow.

Where do I report problems with overflowing manholes or streets that are flooding?2023-06-22T18:38:05-04:00

You may contact the Clayton County Water Authority at (770) 960-5200.

How do I report a traffic signal malfunction?2023-06-22T18:38:30-04:00

You may call the Clayton County Traffic Engineering at 770.477.3691.

Where do I pay for a traffic ticket or parking violation?2023-06-22T18:39:26-04:00

There are three ways to pay a traffic ticket in the City of Morrow: 1) Go online to www.ticketfastpay.com and pay with a credit or debit card; 2) Mail in a money order or cashier’s check to City of Morrow Municipal Court, 1500 Morrow Road Morrow, GA 30260; 3) Come in person and pay at the City of Morrow Municipal Complex 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260. For questions concerning your ticket, please call Morrow Municipal Court at (770) 960-3012. Personal checks are not accepted.

How can a citizen stay up-to-date with City Council meetings?2023-06-22T18:39:51-04:00

City Council meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month, with Work Sessions beginning at 5:30/6:30PM and the Council Meetings beginning at 7:30 pm. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers of City Hall located at 1500 Morrow Road. Agendas of all meetings are posted at least 24 hours prior to each meeting. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings and get involved.

How do I get a street sign repaired or one put back up that is missing?2023-06-22T18:40:15-04:00

Call the City of Morrow Public Works Department at (770) 960-3000.

When is a permit required?2023-06-22T18:40:52-04:00

No person, firm or corporation shall erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, convert or demolish any building or structure within the city, or cause the same to be done, without first obtaining a permit for such building or structure from the building official. Separate permits are required for grading, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and low-voltage. However, a homeowner is exempted from obtaining a building permit for remodeling and/or improving his or her dwelling or property as long as the cost of the construction materials does not exceed $1,000.00, and the work is begun and completed solely by the homeowner. This exemption applies only to nonstructural changes (refer to the definition of “Structure” in the city zoning ordinance) and does not apply to any activity which changes the square footage of a structure.

Can a citizen address the Mayor & Council during a Council Meeting without already being on the official meeting agenda?2023-06-22T18:41:23-04:00

The Mayor & Council welcome public comment at each regular business meeting and work session. Public comment will come at the end of the regular business meeting but before the executive session if called. Any member of the public wishing to make comments must sign up with the City Clerk prior to the call of the meeting.

Can I burn trash or leaves?2023-06-22T18:45:14-04:00

City of Morrow residents may obtain a permit for outdoor burning between October 1st and April 30th. Outdoor burning is banned in the metro Atlanta area between May 1st and September 30th. Residents are allowed to burn leaves, small limbs and pine straw only. Large limbs, trees stumps, construction materials and garbage may not be burned. Burning shall not start before 0900 AM and shall be extinguished by dusk. No burning shall be conducted without having first obtained a permit from the City of Morrow Fire Department, call 770-961-4008 to obtain a burn permit. Permits are good for one day only and may be revoked for cause. There is no cost for a residential burning permit. If you have questions concerning outdoor burning call the Fire Department at 770-961-4008. Open burning without a permit is subject to a fine and a court citation. The Fire Department shall make the determination to approve or not approve open burning for the day based on: current weather conditions, future weather forecasts, State wide burn bands, Red Flag warnings, or other factors.

Important items for residents each time a burn permit is issued:

    1. An adult must be present while burning.
    2. A water hose shall be readily accessible while burning.
    3. Piles of leaves, small limbs or pine straw shall be no larger than 4ft x 4ft.
    4. No burning before 0900 and all fires must be extinguished before dusk.
    5. Permits can be revoked by Fire Department personnel for cause. Cause may include but is not limited to:
      1. Complaints by neighbors.
      2. Excessive burning.
      3. Change in weather conditions.
      4. Noncompliance.
How do I get a copy of a Fire or EMS Report?2023-06-22T18:45:47-04:00

Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Moss Monday thru Friday 0800 to 1700 at 678-902-0938.

Can the Fire Department burn the old house on my property?2023-06-22T18:46:16-04:00

No. Due to strict regulations set forth by the EPA it is no longer feasible for the fire department to conduct this type of event.

Does the Fire Department install child car seats?2023-06-22T18:46:37-04:00

No, but you can contact Safe Kids Clayton County at 678-610-7262 for information.

I have a question regarding fire codes, who do I contact?2023-06-22T18:47:10-04:00

Call the Fire Marshal’s office at 678-902-0934.

I would like information on fire safety and education, who should I contact?2023-06-22T18:47:30-04:00

Call the Fire Marshal’s office at 678-902-0934.

How do I get a smoke alarm?2023-06-22T18:56:00-04:00

Call the Fire Station office at 770-961-4008, the smoke alarm is free and we will install it for you.

How do I contact the Morrow Police Department? (Location/Hours/Contact)2023-06-22T18:50:45-04:00

The Morrow Police Department is located at 6311 Murphy Drive, Morrow, Georgia 30260. The main office is open Monday – Friday from 9:00am until 7:00pm.

To request a police officer be dispatched to your home or business, please call 9-1-1. MPD is dispatched by Clayton County E911 and calling 9-1-1 is the fastest and most accurate way to request an officer.

To contact Police Headquarters for non-emergency matters during business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00am – 7:00pm), call 770-961-4006.

How do I file a police report?2023-06-22T18:51:24-04:00

The Morrow Police Department makes reports for incidents that occur within the incorporated city limits of Morrow. You may make a report by:

  • Calling 9-1-1 to request an officer be dispatched to your location (must be within the City of Morrow); or
  • Visit Morrow Police Headquarters during business hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am – 7:00pm.

The Morrow Police Department does not make reports by telephone.

How do I obtain a copy of my report?2023-06-22T18:52:51-04:00

Reports are typically available within three (3) business days. You may pick up a copy of your report at MPD Headquarters: 6311 Murphy Drive, Morrow GA 30260. There is a $5.00 cost for each report.

Accident Reports may also be ordered online at: www.buycrash.com.

Where was my vehicle towed?2023-06-22T18:53:14-04:00

The Morrow Police Department contracts with New Image Towing. They are located at 4780 Old Dixie Highway, Forest Park, GA 30297. Their telephone number is 770-252-4392.

How can I get property returned?2023-06-22T18:53:46-04:00

If property was seized as evidence or taken for safekeeping, you can retrieve it from Morrow Police Headquarters. You must contact the evidence at 770-961-4006 to ensure the property is available for retrieval and the proper paperwork has been submitted. Property is released during normal business hours.

How can I find out if someone was arrested?2023-06-22T18:55:08-04:00

Information about arrested persons can be obtained by calling the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office at 770-477-4413, or visiting their website: Sheriff’s Office | Clayton County, Georgia (claytoncountyga.gov)

Go to Top